BOVIE 2350-V ELECTROSURGICAL GENERATOR
The Bovie 2350-V is the premier electrosurgery unit from Bovie for Animal Health procedures. This unit is intended for cutting, coagulation, ablation of a variety of tissues. The Bovie 2350-V is suitable for general procedures, tumor removals, and gingivectomy procedures performed in an operating suite and procedure room. The Bovie 2350-V was engineered with the technology and safety of more expensive electrosurgical units but economically priced for animal health practice.
- The Bovie 2350-V offers more electrosurgery modalities than lower watt models including four (4) blend settings, allowing Veterinarians to deliver safe and precise energy applications during more complex surgical procedures.
- Dual monopolar ports can be activated simultaneously in fulguration to control bleeding or treat superficial tissue. The dual ports can also be utilized separately in different modes.
- The Cut II specialized laparoscopic mode is engineered with a lower voltage than competitive units reducing the risk of alternate site burns and increasing patient safety during minimally invasive procedures.
- Bovie FDFS™ technology measures tissue impedance 5,000,000 times a second and adjusts output 5,000 times a second for consistent energy delivery in a variety of tissues.
- Bipolar features are activated using a separate dedicated foot control maintaining sterility during the procedure.
- 10 presets for quick and easy setup.
SPECIALIZED LAPAROSCOPIC MODE
Bovie’s Cut II is tailored specifically for Laparoscopic procedures. The mode offers a precisely managed cutting energy that limits output thereby minimizing the potential risk of capacitive coupling and alternate site burns.
DUAL MONOPOLAR SPRAY ACTIVATION
The Bovie 2350-V offers simultaneous activation in spray with audible activation tones. The simultaneous delivery produces equal and even power outputs in each accessory, for a safer delivery of dual monopolar energy.
ADJUSTABLE POWER DURING ACTIVATION
The power can be adjusted up or down in variable steps while performing a procedure, to increase procedural efficiency and provide the appropriate amount of power to the surgical site.
SURGICAL MEMORY TECHNOLOGY
The 2350-V recalls the last used power and mode. The surgeon can store 10 user-defined RF presets for easy recall.
PATIENT SAFETY FEATURES
- Bovie FDFS™ – The tissue sensing technology measure tissue 5 million times a second and adjusts to varying impedances 5000 times a second for accurate energy delivery.
- Automatic system self-checks upon powering up the unit.
A general cutting with a standard RF waveform used in open and endoscopic surgical procedures, Cut I is for use in a wide range of tissue with minimal hemostasis.
Tailored specifically for Laparoscopic procedures, Cut II offers a precisely managed cutting energy that limits output for minimizing the potential risk of capacitive coupling and alternate site burns due to weakened insulation.
Blend (Level 1, 2, 3 & 4)
Blended cutting offers varying levels of hemostasis during a cut procedure providing increased control of bleeding at the surgical application site.
- Level 1: 75% Duty Cycle
- Level 2: 62.5% Duty Cycle
- Level 3: 50% Duty Cycle
- Level 4: 37.5% Duty Cycle
A general coagulation mode delivering rapid desiccation effects with minimal tissue damage.
Recommended for hemostasis in highly vascular or large surface areas and for non-contact tissue coagulation to control superficial bleeding. Spray mode permits dual, simultaneous activation of two monopolar accessories with audible dual activation tone alert.
Gentle mode offers more concentrated coagulation than in other modes. When coagulation is necessary in short amounts of time, reduced electrode carbonization is provided.
Intense bipolar output allowing for aggressive coagulation, with cut-like effects over a wide range of tissue.
Fine bipolar coagulation for use in extremely gentle and precise surgical applications.
Bipolar coagulation which gently coagulates tissue for minimal tissue damage reducing carbonization and sticking. Maximum power is 50 watts.
Monopolar 2 Handswitching Receptacle
Accepts standard 3-pin handpieces. Connect handswitching accessories.
Accepts standard cables for bipolar handpieces. Connect bipolar accessories.
|MONOPOLAR||WATTS||VPEAK MAX VOLTAGE||CREST FACTOR (TYPICAL)||FREQUENCY (KHz)|
|Cut I||200||1000V||1.7 ± 20%||490 kHz ± 4.9 kHz|
|Cut II||200||750V||1.7 ± 20%||490 kHz ± 4.9 kHz|
|Blend (1)||200||1320V||1.8 ± 20%||490 kHz ± 4.9 kHz|
|Blend (2)||200||1475V||2.0 ± 20%||490 kHz ± 4.9 kHz|
|Blend (3)||200||1650V||2.2 ± 20%||490 kHz ± 4.9 kHz|
|Blend (4)||200||1870V||2.4 ± 20%||490 kHz ± 4.9 kHz|
|Pinpoint Coagulation||120||1800V||3.1 ± 20%||490 kHz ± 4.9 kHz|
|Spray Coagulation||120||4000V||6.0 ± 20%||350 to 450 kHz|
|Gentle Coagulation||120||450V||1.6 ± 20%||490 kHz ± 4.9 kHz|
|BIPOLAR||WATTS||VPEAK MAX VOLTAGE||CREST FACTOR (TYPICAL)||FREQUENCY (KHz)|
|Macro Bipolar||80||600V||1.5 ± 20%||490 kHz ± 4.9 kHz|
|Micro Bipolar||80||500V||1.5 ± 20%||490 kHz ± 4.9 kHz|
|Standard Bipolar||50||250V||1.5 ± 20%||490 kHz ± 4.9 kHz|
Audible/Visible Output Meter:
Contact Monitoring Systems
10 ohms or less over entire
operating range (10C° to 40°C)
Isolated RF Output
Monopolar HP Ports:
Dual Activation Tone Alert:
Connector Ports/Power Switch:
A2350-V Electrosurgical Generator
Hospital-Grade Power Cord
(120 VAC, 240 VAC)
User’s Guide (MC-55-237-001)